Helpful
Replies

DB Replication issues CCM 4.1.3(SR3)

daljeetsingh1_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

CCM 4.1.3(Sr3) Pub and two Sub's

Is there some kind of bug or something related to DB replication issues.

As we observed the issue with the replications few days back in DBHelper and we fixed that issue few days things were working fine(say about two weeks). Now again i see this issue has come up.

We are again getting "Registration Rejected" Error message on the phones and when we checked on DBHelper and reinitializing it made all the Frown faces.

Is there some kind of patch we are missing to fix this issue permanantly?

Please advise.

Thanks

Daljeet

12 Replies 12

webstd.design
Level 1
Level 1

Are Pub and Sub situated on same location?

there is some latency requirements with Pub and Sub (about 150ms, don't remeber really)

I think there is a conection problem between Pub and Sub.

Test you network connectio, maybe you should change location of some Pub/Sub

Thanks for looking into it.

Our Pubs/Subs resides in same DC and one pub and one sub is on one Rack and 2nd sub is on second rack. We also have our IPCC servers and other servers running on the same racks without any issues.

/Daljeet

One more thing, when i try to open Admin utility to see the password sync is ther or now, its not allowing me to login.

Password/Username mismatch. We are using the same password for other administrative purposes.

Somthing very weird going on here. Frnds need your help.

But as it should be i do any changes at Sub, it reflects at pub and vice versa. But the faces are frown in DBHelper and under Enterprise manager(SQL) under replication. i see red crosses for both the sub's

Can you share screenshot from DBHelper and MSSQL Ent.Manager (part of Replication monitor)

One question: If you change DB on PUB, did your SUB change also?

Try to change on WEB some phone on PUB and see if this change you can see on SUB

Yeah, please find the attached screenshots of dbhelper and ent manager.

Yes if we change anything on Pub(i changed the description on the phone) and its reflected to both the sub's

I am unable to open Admin utility and giving rite password its giving me this error

"Because no network connectivity exist, could not verify the password of [Administrator] against the server [ccm-name] Error[53] The network path was not found."

I also checkd and verified the dbconnection registry key and i found them similar on all three servers

Pub

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=CCMAEDXBPUBA;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=CCMAEDXBSUB1B;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=CCMAEDXBSUB1A;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

Sub A

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=ccmaedxbpuba;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=CCMAEDXBSUB1A;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=CCMAEDXBSUB1B;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

sUB b

DSN=CiscoCallManager;SERVER=ccmaedxbpuba;DATABASE=CCM0300;Trusted_Connection=yes

Let me know if you understand something out of it & something i can do to fix this.

Could you post

Start->Run->cmd - > ipconfig /all

and

Start->Run->cmd - > route print

commands on all your servers and share info here.

I think that there are some connectivity problems

Hi, also check the Microsoft Event Viewer, available at Start > Settings > Control Panel > Administrative Tools >

Event Viewer. It can help you to identify problems at the system or application level.

Best regards

David

attached are the outputs you requested.

We can able to perform ping using host names. So i dont think there is something wrong with host files? correct me if i am wrong?

For the other two url's i have tried re building the replication as well by reinitializing but it dint work.

:-) things are not working properly.

It's something mysterious..

And what you see int Event Viewer?

Specialy when whatn to open Admin utility?

Also check all services on services.msc or Serviceability page that should run on Pub and Sub

make sure SQL is set to windows authentication if CUCM 4.0 and above, we do not support mixed authentication.

make sure SA pwd is set the same in all servers, also server Administrator pwd and username needs to be exactly the same in all servers in the cluster

personally i do not trust 100% dblhelper but rather look into the DB and confirm changes are reflected correctly

check the security log to make sure there are no pwd issues

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: