Views
Helpful
Replies

IP port-map and sip

markotisler
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am trying to configure the 2811 router to listen for SIP messages on non-standard sip port 5070 with "ip port-map sip port 5070" command. The port mapping is visible in "show ip port-map" and packets are recieved on 5070 port. The problem is, that the packets are not recognized as SIP, and "debug ccsip messages" shows nothing. Has anyone succeeded in configuring such a thing?

Best regards,

Marko

6 Replies 6

Hi Marko,

On 12.4(20)T and later:

voice service voip

sip

listen-port unsecure 5070

This should fix your problem.

-nick

Hi,

thanks for quick response.

Wouldnt this command change SIP port from 5060 to 5070? So this way port 5060 wont be functional as SIP port anymore. What i am trying to do is to get the router to listen for SIP on both ports.

Best regards,

Marko

Is there any way to configure this in IOS?

Hi Marko,

I'm pretty far from a firewall expert, but if you were to correctly configure a SIP-aware firewall (including contact fields AND UDP ports), then CME would never know the difference.

My guess - I don't know if you can use IOS firewall and this type of configuration on the same router. If you were to detach it and use an ASA I'm sure this would work, but we run into some architectural headaches when this is attempted (especially for only some messages/ports).

-nick

This was our plan, until we saw the firewall. The firewall is where the story gets really fun. It's not possible to get an ASA in there, there is only a third party firewall, which is supposed to be SIP aware, however it seems it is far from that.

Why a rating of "3" to a 100% correct and definitive answer? My rating, a "5".

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: