Views
Helpful
Replies

CEDT0006: Could not create a job

marcoriosbazan
Level 1
Level 1

CEDT0006: Could not create a job because:

Cannot submit job for approval: Invalid or null Maker Email ID..

but I have entered the email address!!!

any idea?

12 Replies 12

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like your approver email address is bad. Edit the job policy email address under RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Config Job Policies. Make sure it is a valid email address.

i have entered the correct email address..

i think when i put the email address in Config Job Policies is the Job Information.. not the Maker Email ID.. that is why the answer as incorrect or null.. i think..

So is it working now, or are you still seeing the error?

the problem persist.. =(

This is a bug which is fixed in RME 4.2. You cannot use quick deploy jobs when the approver feature is enabled. Here is the error you will see when trying to use the Deploy button in RME 4.2:

"You cannot create a Quick Deploy job with the Approver option enabled. Save the configuration either in a private or public location and then schedule a job."

This bug is CSCso13626.

RME version 4.2 is available for download?

got the url?

via software center in CWLMS says there is no downloads available..

can you recommend some updates or upgrades?

RME 4.2 is available as part of LMS 3.1. If you have a contract on LMS 3.0, you can go to http://www.cisco.com/upgrade/ , enter your contract number, and request the update DVD for free.

That said, when you upgrade to RME 4.2, you will only get the pop-up I mentioned when you click Deploy. You won't get any added functionality in this regard. You can already use Config Editor now if you schedule a deployment job after saving the edited configuration.

I could install RME 4.2 using the LMS 3.0 bundle?

No. RME 4.2 requires LMS 3.1.

thanks Jclarke your answers have been very helpful..

Hi all. I have RME4.2 with LMS 3.1, but i have the same error code when trying to create a job for approval (Config Editor). But the error message  is :

CEDT0006: could not create job because: cannot submit job for approval: Approval emails could not be sent

Can someone have any Idea on how to solve this? i can assure you that the email use in Config Job Policy is a valid email. The smtp server is properly set in Common Services with a sender email i've tested. Am I missing something ? please help.

Thanks

Sorry, just to correct my message. I've

RME 4.3.1 with LMS 3.1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: