Archive management failures

patrickdonlon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi There

I get quite a lot of failures with archiving, I get the following message:

*** Device Details for my hostname ***

Protocol ==> Unknown / Not Applicable

CM0062 Polling my hostname for changes to configuration. CM0065 No change in PRIMARY STARTUP config, config fetch not required CM0065 No change in PRIMARY RUNNING config, config fetch not required CM00 Polling not supported on VLAN RUNNING config, defaulting to fetch. CM0151 VLAN RUNNING Config fetch failed for my hostname Cause: Command failedCommand failedVLAN Config fetch is not supported using SCP. Action: Check if protocol is supported by device and required device package is installed. Check device credentials. Increase timeout value, if required.

I'm using ssh to manage the devices and LMS2.6 with RME 4.0.6.

Regards

Patrick

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for vlan.dat to be fetched, you must allow either SSH or telnet to your device (sounds like you have this with SSH). You must also allow the device to TFTP the vlan.dat file back to the RME server. This requires udp/69 to be open between device and server as well as all ephemeral UDP ports.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In order for vlan.dat to be fetched, you must allow either SSH or telnet to your device (sounds like you have this with SSH). You must also allow the device to TFTP the vlan.dat file back to the RME server. This requires udp/69 to be open between device and server as well as all ephemeral UDP ports.

Thanks your correct. Did a test from the switch to the server and the firewall is blocking it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: