cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 2.6 : Backup Proccess

carperez
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to run an immediate backup through the common services backup applet... but it does not appear to be functioning. (no backup files are being generated) Is there a log file that I can examine to help determine the cause?

Server info:

Windows 2003 server r2 sp1

LMS 2.6

-CiscoWorks Common Services 3.0.6

-Resource manager Essentials 4.0.6

-Campus Manager 4.0.6

-CiscoView 6.1.5

-Device Fault Manager 2.0.7

-Internetwork Performance Monitor 2.6.0

-No ACS integration

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The log output is in NMSROOT\log\dbbackup.log.

Here are the entries from my backup attempts today. Not much detail other than start time. Rather than running an application level backup... is there a way to backup 1 specific databases? In my case the RME DB.

Backup to 'e:/CW_Backup' started at: [Mon Feb 16 09:14:32 2009]

Backup to 'E:/rme_bkp' started at: [Mon Feb 16 11:45:01 2009]

No. The backup must backup every application. The same is true for restore. You must restore all of LMS together.

As for troubleshooting, this, try running the backup.pl command manually from the command line:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\backup.pl e:\CW_Backup

That command was my initial try at 9 am this morning... I still have the command window open from this morning. Here is the text displayed.

E:\CSCOpx\bin>perl E:\CSCOpx\bin\backup.pl E:\CW_Backup

Backup to 'E:/CW_Backup' started at: [Mon Feb 16 09:14:32 2009]

_

When I ran the backup proccess from the gui... after selecting ok to perform the imediate backup... the screen sets on the scheduling window and eventually times out with page can not be displayed.

Unfortunately, there is no way to know where it's hanging without more direct troubleshooting. The problem may be related to a damaged E:\CSCOpx\backup\manifest directory. I suggest you open a TAC service request so more analysis can be done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: