Views
Helpful
Replies

3750 New Switch errors

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

All,

I had updated the IOS on the new switch before adding it to the stack this weekend. After adding it to the stack, I looked at the stack and noticed that the new switch had a version mismatch. To "fix" this, I deleted the IOS folder in flash on the new switch, and then I copied the IOS file from switch 1 to switch 6. This resolved the "version mismatch" error. I reloaded switch 6 through cli and it took forever to come up (actually I had to disconnect from power). I then decided this morning to connect my console cable to that switch and reload through cli again. I noticed that the switch is trying to load the old IOS (the one that was mismatched with the stack) and then it fails over to the good IOS. How can I stop this from happening?

Thanks,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***
1 Reply 1

Roberto Salazar
Level 8
Level 8

It sounds like the "new" switch still hav the boot variable pointing to the "mismtached" IOS. Once, it comes up in the stack, try to configure the "correct" boot variable on the "master" switch and "wr mem". check to see the "new" member switch if it took the "correct" boot variable by "session x" x is the "new" switch's switch number and do a show run and show boot to see if it has the right boot variable. Once verifed, reload that switch again (if you can) and see if the boot up is better and goes immemdiately to the "correct" IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card