cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unified Mobility (Single Reach Number)

kennychit
Level 1
Level 1

i've been trying to use Unified Mobility, but I can't get my cell to ring when a caller called the office phone. I'm able to ring my cell if I use the Mobility soft key on desk phone.

Where did I goes wrong with the configuration?

I've used "configuring Cisco Unified Mobility- created by Rami Kandah" as my guide https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/docs/DOC-3682

CUCM 6.1.3

IP Phone 7941

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You probably have the something associated wrong. So here is the call flow:

Someone calls your desk line on the IP Phone. (line associated to username)

On your Remote Destination Profile, you should have your desk line also configured as the line and associated to your username in CUCM.

Your end point is your cell phone. You may have to play with the triggers on your cell phone profile for when it should ring.

Also, turn the on more rings at your desk. The cell phone network needs at least 2 rings just to get your cell phone. So one ring your desk, second ring your desk, out to the PSTN, 3rd ring, your cell phone/desk 4th ring cell phone/desk 5th ring cell phone/desk 5th or 6th ring desk or unity vm.

The mobility softkey simple turns the end point cell phone on/off.

I've double checked on every configuration again and i've follow ur suggestions, ring to cell still doesn't work.

So let's make it easier. Can you ring another IP phone? Change your cell number to an IP phone. See if that works.

Also, did you add in correct dial string for the cell phone? For example, if you use 9 to get out to PSTN, you cell phone will be 91xxxxxx, etc

I've run the same scenario as u described, still the same behavior. hmm, is it a requirement to restart callmanager? I don't see anywhere in doc mention about restarting cm6.

btw, thanks for lending me a helping hand, i very much appreciated.

You should not have to. Basically, the Remote Destination Profile is shared line appearance.

Did you configure your user account for mobility? Also, are the lines on the device and RDP associated to the user account? You must also associate the devices to the user profile. There is a lot of steps just to get it to work.

user does have the mobility checked, rdp does appear on associate device box, line association is checked to desk phone.

to make it easier to troubleshoot, I don't impliment any CSS, CoS, any Partion and no block_acl

works now, disable access list fix it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: