cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DTMF to PSTN

wbarren
Level 1
Level 1

We have 2 phones that are connect over a site to site VPN and then registered with our call manager (ver 5.1). The phone (7941's) are setup to use G729 and go out a h323(PRI) gateway that has a transcoder setup. When a user from one of the phones calls an outside number and enters an ext in they get a message back that the ext is not valid or they are transfered to the wrong person. When we test from a phone here at the corporate office out the same gateway everthing works fine. They have called multiple numbers with the same result. any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have had problems with this lately, depends on what firmware you are running. This is assuming that the VPN latency is not causing the problem. I upgraded my phone firmware to the latest and greatest. One way to see if this is the problem is to pick up speakerphone and see if the IVR DTMF works fine and then try it throught the handset and see if the problem persists.

Refer to:

CSCsv04751

DTMF is not squelched on third gen phones causing duplicate DTMF

Symptom:

Duplicate DTMF is detected and users have problems entering DTMF mid-call. The side tone from the phone appears to be introduced into the RTP stream in addition to the out-of-band signaling normally sent.

Conditions:

This occurs independently of the Call agent, and is seen on both CUCM and CUCME, and is observed on SCCP phone load 8.4.1 SR 1.

Workaround:

Both speaker phone and the headset use a different sidetone than the handset, and they should should not experience the same DTMF problem. Downgrading the firmware is the only other workaround

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

shane.orr
Level 4
Level 4

I have had problems with this lately, depends on what firmware you are running. This is assuming that the VPN latency is not causing the problem. I upgraded my phone firmware to the latest and greatest. One way to see if this is the problem is to pick up speakerphone and see if the IVR DTMF works fine and then try it throught the handset and see if the problem persists.

Refer to:

CSCsv04751

DTMF is not squelched on third gen phones causing duplicate DTMF

Symptom:

Duplicate DTMF is detected and users have problems entering DTMF mid-call. The side tone from the phone appears to be introduced into the RTP stream in addition to the out-of-band signaling normally sent.

Conditions:

This occurs independently of the Call agent, and is seen on both CUCM and CUCME, and is observed on SCCP phone load 8.4.1 SR 1.

Workaround:

Both speaker phone and the headset use a different sidetone than the handset, and they should should not experience the same DTMF problem. Downgrading the firmware is the only other workaround

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: