Views
Helpful
Replies

Balanced Traffic between two VPNs

Kinai2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Now I have a VPN between two routers Cisco through internet to connect two locations (A and B).

I want to put other router in location A and create other VPN to the same router of location B and then balanced the traffic between the two VPNs. Is it posible??

If it's posible, how must I configure the routers??

Thanks.

Kinai.

4 Replies 4

Istvan_Rabai
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Kinai,

Yes, it's possible.

I would suggest you to set up 2x GRE over IPSec tunnels:

One from A1 to B, another from A2 to B.

Run EIGRP or OSPF through the tunnels so you get the best possible convergence times and reliability.

EIGRP can do unequal cost load balancing, while OSPF can do equal cost load balancing through the tunnels.

Use 2 separate physical interfaces on the router in location B so you avoid a single point of failure (though the router B itself will be a single point of failure).

Cheers:

Istvan

>I would suggest you to set up 2x GRE over IPSec tunnels.

Can I use Site-to-site VPN??

>Use 2 separate physical interfaces on the router in location B so you avoid a single point of failure (though the router B itself will be a single point of failure).

Really there are two routers in location B too. :( The ideal must be that there would be four VPNs: A1B1, A1B2, A2B1 & A2B2. But I think that it don't know how to do it. Could you tell me a page where explain it??

Thanks for your answer.

Kinai.

Hi Kinai,

You can use a site-to-site VPN as well, but is uses static routing so it is not so flexible when it comes to link failures.

I have a link to GRE configurations:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk827/tk369/tk287/tsd_technology_support_sub-protocol_home.html

I hope this helps you.

Cheers:

Istvan

Yes, thanks.

Kinai.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: