cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA VPNs down

binelipetrov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have two ASA in stateful failover. Once a month, we have a serious problem - all VPNs that are terminated on ASA is dropped, for no obvious reason, and only physically reloading primary ASA can solve the problem. We installed IPS, and also upgraded software from 7.2.2 to 7.2.4, but it is still happening. Anybody has an idea? It is a big problem. Thanks in advance

4 Replies 4

eddie.mitchell
Level 3
Level 3

What are your phase 1 and 2 timeouts for your VPN tunnels? What is the output of 'sh fail' when the failure occurs?

All timers for VPNs are on their default values. Also, regarding failover - it is still functional when it hapenned (when all VPNs are dropped)

I ran into this and fixed the issue using command isakmp nat-t 25, then rebooting both ASA's.

Did you solved it with software version 7.2? What was the problem, by your opinion? I can not connect nat-t with dropped tunnels...

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card