cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

private VLAN for two SP's issue--ple help me

sujitkr7cisco
Level 1
Level 1

In 3750 stack switch , i creat a private vlan101 where gi1/0/22 and vlan102 with gi1/0/23 is community prots which are connected to two different Service provider repectively and valn100 with gi1/0/21 is primary promiscuous port.I also aggregate port(LACP) gi1/0/15 & gi1/0/16 and with same port with another switch (3750).In this switch also VLAN10,20,30,50and 60 and some ports are free. Port channel does not work with private vlan so i want to connect gi1/0/21 throgh firwall port directly,so that i can minimize the collisions and traffic pass through firewall for all valn (inbound,outbond) .

Is promiscuous port communicate with all vlan ports (10,20,30 etc)and rest port as well as private port ?

Please advice me how can i resolve this issue so that i can minimize the collisions without any ACL or VACL and how can i use these valn (100,101,102) completly seprate fron another valn.

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Sujet,

>> Is promiscuous port communicate with all vlan ports (10,20,30 etc)and rest port as well as private port ?

the promiscuos port is the L3 routed exit point for the private secondary vlans

in your case g1/0/21 the promiscuous port connects to an external device the firewall.

Has the firewall a path to vlans 10,20,30 ?

if you provide L3 services to primary vlans by configuring SVI interface vlan 100.

I think the best thing would be to have a second link to the firewall acting as the path for normal vlans 10,20,30,50,60.

if the firewall has a third interface I would do so to avoid possible problems in routing over the private vlan.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Dear Giuslar,

My all notes are in bold :-

1:-Is promiscuous port communicate with all vlan ports (10,20,30 etc)and rest port as well as private port

YES

2:- the promiscuos port is the L3 routed exit point for the private secondary vlans -- actually i want to connect the promiscuos port directly through firewall.

3:-in your case g1/0/21 the promiscuous port connects to an external device the firewall.

Has the firewall a path to vlans 10,20,30

--yes is connected throght ether channel port which is port number 5 and 6. which is aggregated with firewall ports (LACP).

an you provide example for L3 services to primary vlans by configuring SVI interface vlan 100.

I have free port on Firewall.

Thanks,

Sujeet

Hello Sujeet,

>> an you provide example for L3 services to primary vlans by configuring SVI interface vlan 100

see the following link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_46_se/configuration/guide/swpvlan.html#wp1044399

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card