cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM VMware Mac address edit

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I'm work in a small office that has about five users with phones and we currently are using Cisco Call Manager 4.x I would like to migrate and test this on a VM. I currently have migrated it over however, I'm having issues with the Mac address. It needs to be the same as my old server but, I cant seem to get around using VMware mac address.

Has anybody found a way to edit the mac address for VMware use?

thanks,

Dan

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is *NOT* supported by Cisco. In that version, they went to a fair amount of work to make it not work. Current UC Manager versions (7.0+) have removed all of the internal mechanisms that prevent you from doing this; however, it is still *not* supported and should not be done in a production environment.

Virtualization support is beginning with the traditional Unity product. This is being announced now/shortly. Anything beyond that is not expected until well after UC 8 is released in 2010.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: