Views
Helpful
Replies

Callmanager service activation

ajkhader123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Recently I installed 6.1.2, after I uploaded the license (2 Nodes), the callmanager service still not getting activated, non of the services are activated,

Unit report it shows Available 2, Units used None, Units Remaining 2....

Normaly once we upload the License the services will get started automaticaly, and thats is the normal way it works, but in my case its different,

Kindly advice,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

???

that doesn't sound right.

stop the services, go to the activation page, check the services to activate, then go back and start the services

does callmanager service shows as running??

are phones registered?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

gogasca
Level 10
Level 10

By default CUCM services are deactivated|stopped.

In 6.x we also include SW license.

Licensing is different for triggering service activation. If you dont have the license service will not start which is different..

Do you have all licenses and r u able or not to start the services?

Yes I have all the license and uploaded properly,

are you talking about the services which is under Cisco unified serviceablity,

I am talking about the Cisco callmanager service which is under Service parameter,

and I do not see any start button for the services to start.

So, what's not activated?

You activate all services from serviceability page under tools --> service activation, the first one listed is CM service which provides call processing, is it not started there? There is a checkbox to check and press Activate button.

Chris

Chris,

Under Service Parameter, I see the callmanager services are not activated, and more over it has not utilized the license, with this you can identify the issue,

Herewith I have attached the screen shot of the page, most of the services are not activated.

Kindly advice.

OK, if you go to Service activation, serviceability page i'm talking about, does CCM is activated there???

if you go to the control center is CCM status = running????

to me it seems you just enabled the service but never went to control center to actually start the service

HTH

java

HTH

java

Under Service activation, none of the services were activated, but under (Control center - Network services) all the services shows Running.

???

that doesn't sound right.

stop the services, go to the activation page, check the services to activate, then go back and start the services

does callmanager service shows as running??

are phones registered?

HTH

java

HTH

java

Java,

I stopped and started the few services including License service, and then started all the services under service activation, now all the services are activated,

Thanks for your Help.....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: