Views
Helpful
Replies

Active directory CCM 6.X integration

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

1) Which are the field of the Active Directory that should be populated otherwise the record is not imported ?

2) Is it possible to do a mapping of CCM Directory Fields with the AD fields although they are empty ?

many thanks

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

1) depends on what you use as userID and phoneNumber attributes, you do the masking when you configure LDAP in CM. You can either use ipPhone or telephoneNumber attribute as your phone extension, if the one you are using is not populated then the users will not import

2) Yes, in the LDAP configuration

HTH,

Chris

Hi,

first , thanks for your response.

However , I found out that the ipphone or the phone number could be empty in the LDAP dir. (of course if it is not mapped to the userID)

second, how could I trace/see what is happening during a synchronization process ? in order to see error , listing of not-imported records, successfully imported records,...

Thanks in advance.

1) Which are the field of the Active Directory that should be populated otherwise the record is not imported ? userID, first and last name are all that are required.

2) Is it possible to do a mapping of CCM Directory Fields with the AD fields although they are empty ? Yes...

The easiest way to see the results of the sync are to look in users. You will see a list and next to them will be either active or inactive. An inactive state means they will be deleted at garbage collection because the user has not sync'd (Typically caused by a user configured in CCM that has no matching user in AD, userID must be exact).

Active means they are imported.

For the most part, CUCM is pretty good at importing, I have experienced no errors other than data entry errors.

To trace, use the callmanager trace, perform an AD sync, and gather the traces. I do not recall exactly what a failed import will show, but it will stand out.

Hi ,

Thansk for your reply.

Another question rises.

I tried successfully to integrate a CCM with an AD. I have mapped the userID with UserPrincipleName. The result is that I got as userID, in the imported records, the "loginname@domain" . is there any way to suppress the "@domain" from the userID?

thanks in advance.

I guess I am a bit confused as to why you would use that field and not samaccountname.

CCM will use whatever it imports exactly as it is. There is no way in CCM to suppress that field. I would suggest using the SamAccountName

Agreed,

Any reason not to use sAMAccountName as the attribute?

If you use anything else applications such as CUPS will never work properly in your environment.

Chris

Hi all,

You're right. I switched to sAMAccountName.

Thanks all.

best regards,

Great to hear all is well, glad we could help. Please mark this post as resolved and kindly rank the feedback.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: