cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco IPS 4240 Sensor

srujanrampally
Level 1
Level 1

We have purchased Cisco IPS 4240 sensor, installed the license and that device is communicating with other computers in the network. The version installed is IPS 6.1(1)E1. Please can you answer me below questions.

1) Please can you provide me the Document or link, that lists all the possible events that can be generated by Cisco IPS 4240 sensor.

2)Where this IPS 4240 sensor will store all the generated events, Pls can u provide me the File names,location of that files and can you tell me how to acces that files?

3) How many types of events will be generated by this IPS 4240 sensor.

4) How to send all types of events to Syslog server (Windows Kiwi syslog OR Linux syslog) present on another system in the network through CLI,IDM and IME.

5) Can you provide me some Examples to generate different events.

6) What is the difference between CLI, IDM and IME?

7) How we can know that configured IPS system is in Inline mode?

Regards

Srujan R

1 Reply 1

srujanrampally
Level 1
Level 1

Please any one can answer these questions...Your help is appreciable...Thse are blocking me...

We have purchased Cisco IPS 4240 sensor, installed the license and that device is communicating with other computers in the network. The version installed is IPS 6.1(1)E1. Please can you answer me below questions.

1) Please can you provide me the Document or link, that lists all the possible events that can be generated by Cisco IPS 4240 sensor.

2)Where this IPS 4240 sensor will store all the generated events, Pls can u provide me the File names,location of that files and can you tell me how to acces that files?

3) How many types of events will be generated by this IPS 4240 sensor.

4) How to send all types of events to Syslog server (Windows Kiwi syslog OR Linux syslog) present on another system in the network through CLI,IDM and IME.

5) Can you provide me some Examples to generate different events.

6) What is the difference between CLI, IDM and IME?

7) How we can know that configured IPS system is in Inline mode?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card