cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call recording

moropodi2008
Level 1
Level 1

hi, i have three sites using CCM 6.1 and i also have a voice recording solution on each site. Two of the sites are recording all calls ( internal and external) but the other site is only recording internal calls only. I checked the configs on the switches and i cannot find anything wrong there but when i check on the configs of the routers this config ( boot system flash:c2800nm-ipvoicek9-mz.124-9.T.bin)is missing on the router that is only recording internal calls. Can this missing config be the issue or what might be the issue. thanks.

3 Replies 3

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

The boot command will probably be unrelated to this problem - it determines which software the gateway should boot. If it's not present, then the gateway will boot the first image it finds in flash.

You may want to do a 'show version' to verify the same software is running.

Most recording solutions operate using SPAN - the LAN switches mirror traffic from specific ports or VLANs back to a central port where your call recording server is connected. The server then sniffs the mirrored traffic.

It may be that the gateway on the site that is not working is not being SPANned back to the recording server.

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron, the LAN switches are configured correctly because it can record internal calls ( meaning i'm not going out using the gateway). How do u SPAN the gateway back to the recording server bcos i suspect this is not being done.

Hi

You would need to SPAN the gateway port in the same (or similar) way as you have for the IP Phone ports.

To provide specific config guidance I'd need a diagram of your LAN with the servers/endpoints marked on it and details of the LAN switch configs.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: