cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PAP2T with CUCM

sasha
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. Is PAP2T compatible with Cisco Unified Communications Manager? If yes, which versions of CUCM? Are there any restrictions? I suppose it uses 3rd-party SIP DLUs, but how many? Thanks.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sasha;

PAP2T is not certified with CUCM. We recommend you use a Cisco ATA for this purpose.

Regards
Alberto

View solution in original post

Dear Sasha;

PAP2T is 100% RFC compliant for the supported features, so there should be no issue when connected as third party SIP endpoint. We don't have any additional notes, as this product is not supported under CUCM, so we cannot certify it will work.

Some important notes to take into account is that PAP2T does not support T.38. If you require T.38 support then SPA2102 is the option.

Regards;

Alberto

If you connect only one line, you need 3 points...if you connect the 2 lines you need 6.

Regards;
Alberto

7 Replies 7

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Sasha;

PAP2T is not certified with CUCM. We recommend you use a Cisco ATA for this purpose.

Regards
Alberto

Thanks for your answer! I agree. But just another brief clarification, please. Here's what I got from a Partner Helpline engineer that directed me to you:

"Officialy no this Linksys ATA is not supported, however it should work as a 3rd party SIP device. But i found several cases of customers which tried this solution and encountered severe troubles so they switched to cisto ATA instead. I would try the Linksys support if they have more information regarding the PAP2T compatibility but from my point it is not good choice, since according some notes the box is not 100% SIP RFC consistent."

So, do you have such experience or any additional information? Which troubles have been reported? Can these troubles be avoided using e.g. firmware upgrade or something like that? Thank you very much!

Dear Sasha;

PAP2T is 100% RFC compliant for the supported features, so there should be no issue when connected as third party SIP endpoint. We don't have any additional notes, as this product is not supported under CUCM, so we cannot certify it will work.

Some important notes to take into account is that PAP2T does not support T.38. If you require T.38 support then SPA2102 is the option.

Regards;

Alberto

OK. How many DLUs will it consume if one/both analog phones are attached? Thank you very much!

If you connect only one line, you need 3 points...if you connect the 2 lines you need 6.

Regards;
Alberto

Hi Sasha,

Thanks for your questions. I hope we were able to answer all of your questions. If so, would you please take a moment to mark the thread as answered? This will help our other members to find answers quickly as they search the community.

Thank you,

Cisco Moderation Team

sasha
Level 1
Level 1

Yes, thanks for your answers!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: