Replies

Unity 5.0, need no fuss System Transfer

ajenks
Level 1
Level 1

I need to provide the following service :

1) Single incoming access number

2) Caller types specific extension number

3) Caller is transferred to specific extension number.

However, the extension numbers include non-Unity subscribers - so I believe this means it has to be a System Transfer. A System Transfer however reads the number back to the caller and asks then to acknowledge this is correct. Can this be removed ?

I am constructing this dialstring from an automated system, and can ONLY specify the following :

[Access Number] -pause- [4-digit Extension Number]

I can't produce any further digits after the 4 digit extension number. I need the transfer to just happen after the 4th digit has been entered.

Is this possible ?

Presumably Unity is the correct place to be looking and I can't do this in CM 6.1 somehow ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

See the following conversation option in the Advanced Settings Tool. The Advanced Setting Tool can be found in the Tools Depot under Administration Tools.

Conversation - Confirm number used for system transfers

By default, when a caller uses the System Transfer conversation, Cisco Unity prompts the caller to confirm the transfer number before transferring the call (by releasing to the switch). By adjusting the following key, you can specify whether Cisco Unity prompts the caller to confirm the number before transferring the call.

SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Conversations\1.0\System Transfers

The key name is "ConfirmBeforeTransfer" and it is a DWORD.

0 or missing (default) - Cisco Unity prompts callers to confirm the number before transferring calls.

1 - Cisco Unity does not prompt callers to confirm the number before transferring calls.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Christopher McAlpin
Community Manager
Community Manager

See the following conversation option in the Advanced Settings Tool. The Advanced Setting Tool can be found in the Tools Depot under Administration Tools.

Conversation - Confirm number used for system transfers

By default, when a caller uses the System Transfer conversation, Cisco Unity prompts the caller to confirm the transfer number before transferring the call (by releasing to the switch). By adjusting the following key, you can specify whether Cisco Unity prompts the caller to confirm the number before transferring the call.

SOFTWARE\Active Voice\Conversations\1.0\System Transfers

The key name is "ConfirmBeforeTransfer" and it is a DWORD.

0 or missing (default) - Cisco Unity prompts callers to confirm the number before transferring calls.

1 - Cisco Unity does not prompt callers to confirm the number before transferring calls.

Just what I needed. Thanks.