Views
Helpful
Replies

CCME Translation

ricardorojas123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I need to do a translation entry in the CCME, for example:

If the CCME receive the phone number 546, for example, this number it must be transformed to 2000.

How I can Do ?

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

From where you receive the number ?

Thanks P.Bevilacqua, I attach a diagram of the topology for a better understanding.

Hello,

Based on your topology that you posted:

In the Call Manager at Site A:

Create a translation pattern called 777. In the Called Party Transform mask field, enter 3000

Make a route pattern called 3000 and point this route pattern to the H323 gateway that has the CME.

Therefore when users at Site A dial 777, it will get translated to 3000 and then forwarded to the CME.

Of course be sure that the 777 translation pattern is reachable by the phones in Site A's calling search space, and be sure that the 3000 route pattern is reachable by the translation pattern's calling search space.

Hope that helped, if so please rate.

But If I want to do the translation in the Call Manager Express, I should do the following?

• In the Cisco Call Manager add the Cisco Call Manager Express as Gateway H.323.

• In the Cisco Call Manager create a new Route Patterns, with the Pattern 300X and set the Call Manager Express as the Gateway.

• In the Cisco Call Manager create a new Route Patterns, with the Pattern 777 and set the Call Manager Express as the Gateway.

• In the Cisco Call Manager Express add a new dial-peer voice type voip, with the destination-pattern 200X and session target the IP Address of the Call Manager.

• To transform the number 777 in the Call Manager Express, I have to do the following:

CME(config)#voice translation-rule 1

CME(config)#rule 1 /777/ /3001/

CME(config)# voice translation-profile profile1

CME(config)# translate calling 1

CME(config)# dial-peer voice 777 voip

CME(config)# translation-profile incoming profile1

this is correct?

thanks

Hello Ricardo,

Yes, you can do the translation on CME if you like, and your logic is correct. You will make a route pattern for 777, and point to the CME, and proceed to use the translation rules you have configured. No need for a 3000 route pattern if you are not going to translate on the Call Manager.

With my idea,since the number is being translated to 3000 before it leaves the Call Manager at Site A, there is no need to translate again on the CME.

Also, you will want to create a translation pattern for 777, to be translated to 3000, and then make a route pattern for 3000, pointing to the CME gateway.

You are correct, in the CME router, you will want to make a voip dial peer for calls from Site B to Site A:

dial-peer voice 2000 voip

destination-pattern 200.

session target ipv4:

dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!!Dial-peer to Site A

CME(config)#dial-peer voice 2000 voip

CME(config)#destination-pattern 200.

CME(config)#session target ipv4:

CME(config)#dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

!!Translation Rule 777 to 3000

CME(config)#voice translation-rule 1

CME(config)#rule 1 /777/ /3000/

CME(config)# voice translation-profile profile1

CME(config)# translate calling 1

Here is my question!

The voice translation-rule and the translation-profile are done.

But where I apply the tranlation-profile?

Hello,

Make an incoming dial-peer on CME

dial-peer voice 3000 voip

incoming called-number 777

translation-profile incoming profile1

Hello,

And so the dial-peer to number 777, will be:

CME(config)#dial-peer voice 3000 voip

CME(config)#incoming called-number 777

CME(config)#translation-profile incoming profile1

CME(config)# session target ipv4:IpAddressCallManagerExpress

That's is correct?

Hello,

I dont think you need a session target. I dont have access to equipment right now to test. But try with and without the session target.

And thanks for the nice ratings!!!

Thanks for you time kenneth mohammed !!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: