Views
Helpful
Replies

BLF Watch Mode for CCM6.1

Minh TD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

maybe you can help me. I searched for a solution to monitor the status of a 7965 phone with multiple lines. I found that CME support Watch Mode to do this. Is there a similar solution for CCM or is this missing there?

Thanks for your answers.

Cheers

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

BLF is also implemented in CUCM 6.1 if that's what you're looking for

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

BLF is implemented, that is right but i just can insert and monitor one Destination Number.

If now Phone A has 2 different lines like

primary Line: 101 in Partition1

secondary line: 102 in Partition2

Phone B has got one Line 103 in Partition 1 and one BLF SD Button configured that monitors 101 in Partition1

If Phone A goes off hook with primary line everything is fine and Lamp one Phone B light up red. If Phone B calls with the second line 102 in Partition 2, Phone B does not see the BLF SD light up red signalling that the user at Phone A is calling somewhere because he uses the second line.

The Workaround to configure two seperate BLF SD Buttons on phone B with both numbers is ugly.

I read

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/command/reference/cme_b1ht.html

that i can configure on Callmanager Express a BLF SD with the Option of Watch Mode where the complete Phone is monitored where the Destination Number is the primary Line. So whether the primary line or secondary line is activ on Phone A, the light will turn red on phone B.

Now my Question is, if this feature is also available on Cisco Unified Communications Manger 6.1.2.

I haven't found anything like this until now?

Also interested in the Watch Mode option - if available in nonCME setup.

Trying to integrate a Plantronics headset to work between radio console and Cisco phone system in police dept to utilize same headset in both systems.  In order to get to work... I need to setup one BLF on one phone that will monitor any of the 6 different DNs on a 7962 (main dispatch phone).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: