Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrade ACS from 3.3(2) Build 2 to ACS v 4.1.1 Build 24

Hi All,

I am getting an issue while upgrading the Windows Based CS ACS. Can any body help me in this,

My Current CS ACS 3.3(2) Build 2 is install on Windows 2000 Advanced Server.

I want to upgrade it to 4.1.1 Build 24 & further 4.1.4 Build 13...

I Installed a Windows 2003 Server SP2 on a separate machine & installed 4.1.1 Build 24 on it. Insllation became successfull but while restoring the backup file from old version. I got an error that "It is not compatible for this version"

It is also mention that my old version is installed in a Failover fastion on two machines.

Can anyone help me in this regard?

Waiting for quick response.

Thanks,

Mubasher

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

Need to upgrade your 3.3.(2) W2K server, perform a backup of 4.1.1(24) from the W2K, and then restore it into the W2K3 Server.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

ansalaza
Level 1
Level 1

Need to upgrade your 3.3.(2) W2K server, perform a backup of 4.1.1(24) from the W2K, and then restore it into the W2K3 Server.

Thanks a lot, it worked with me...

Just wanted to know further that can i get CS ACS 4.2 by TAC or Cisco Web Site because it is available now by Cisco & we just got the upgrade CD of ACS?

My old Version was 3.3.2 Build 2

My Upgraded Version 4.1.1 Build 24 &

4.1.4 Build 13

Kindly update me asap.

Thanks,

Mubasher

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

You need to upgrade your dmp file also. Your upgrade path would be 3.3.2--->4.1--->4.1.x

To upgrade ACS all you need to is to run setup.exe file and hit next. Now it will prompt “Keep existing database”, make sure you check that box else we will loose acs database.

Please see this link for more detail,

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_server_for_windows/4.2/installation/guide/windows/install.html#wp1041285

Other easy way is to open a case with TAC and have them to upgrade dmp file to 4.1.x.

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts

Thanks, it's a nice advice too...