cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco CME SNR - Keep Calling Party ID

exonetinf1nity
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings, is it possible to keep the calling party ID when enabling SNR on a Cisco SCCP phone and a SIP Proxy.

We have a client who would like his/her mobile to ring when an incomming call is placed to their internal DDI but also present the original calling party ID to the mobile rather than there internal DDI number or outbound CLI

Eg: Customer ring internal DDI 0121 111 222, customer is calling from 0121 777 8888.

SNR is activated on the internal ephone-dn and places a call to the users mobile, business would like 0121 777 8888 to be displayed on there mobile rather than their internal DDI 0121 777 8888.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards

6 Replies 6

MMstre
Level 3
Level 3

Havce you tried the Caller-id passthrough command under telephony services?

I'm trying to figure out the same thing here.  I have a PRI and my provider (as

most do here in Ontario) will send what is given.  Most of my customers calls will be within Canada and thus caller ID name/number info originates from the source.  I'd also like to know how the originating caller id can be sent in SNR , and not the main number as listed in the translation profile.  Customer want's to see who is really calling them (the originator) and not look like the office is calling them.

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

it is not possible to so, because telephone operators do not allow to present an arbitrary caller ID, for obvious reasons.

Telco doesn't know anything about SNR, to them it is just a call like another and the only choice you have, present the CLID of the place from where it's done, or restrict presentation.

I think I overlooked that a SIP proxy was mentioned, you are correct regarding CLID. Other PSTN access technologies may or may not restrict CLID, depending on telco.

Thanks for catching that.

Had a feeling as much, thank you for clearing it up for me.

Regards

You're welcome, please remember to rate useful posts with the scrollbox below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: