cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

After upgrade to RME 4.0.4 no config-files in shadow directory

hsprenger
Level 1
Level 1

After upgrade from RME 4.0.3 to 4.0.4 the config-files are not synched in the shadow directory. We still have the old files in it. The path is still /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow/Switches_and_Hubs/PRIMARY.

The shadow directory is "enabled". The synch to the database is ok.

Thanks

10 Replies 10

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The configs are old how? Are the timestamps old, or do the configs actually lack changes present on the device?

The timestamps are old. We daily synch the switches. We upgrade RME on 22.12.

And now all files remain to that date.

This is expected. RME will not update its archive unless it finds an interesting change on the device. An interesting change is one not listed in RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Exclude Commands. While the dates on the shadow configs may be old, they should point to the latest configuration on the device. If you make a change to a device's config, then sync the archive, the shadow config should also change.

Thats what i tried then. I changed something în the config, but no new file exists on the next day.

Enable ArchiveMgmt Service debugging under RME > Admin > System Preferences > Loglevel Settings. Change something else on one device's config. Perform a Sync Archive of that device. Post the dcmaservice.log along with the config before and after.

Done. File as attached.

It appears you didn't wait long enough. The actual archive operation is not included. Additionally, I need to see the before and after configurations from the device in question.

You are right. The logfile is not big enough, so you can see just untill the end.

There appears to be a permissions issue on /var/adm/CSCOpx/files/rme/dcma/shadow/Switches_and_Hubs/PRIMARY on one of the parent directories. Make sure the perms are:

0660 casuser:casusers

That helps. Thank you very much. Great support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: