Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA8000: attended transfer with FLASH does not work

vieri.dipaola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm having trouble with attended transfers on phones connected to an SPA8000.

If an SPA phone A calls another SPA phone B which in turn, picks the call up and subsequently presses the R key (Flash) and dials another SPA extension C until C picks the phone up and B hangs up, then caller A can talk to caller C (attended transfer is OK).

However, if C is any other type of extension (SIP softphone, ZAP extension ¡, etc) then when B hangs up, the call to C drops and B "rings back" with caller A.

The only way I found to a successful attended transfer if C is not an SPA8000 extension is for B to dial *2 (Asterisk's built-in attended transfer feature).

If I compare the SPA8000 to Grandstream's GXW4008, with the latter, attended transfers with Flash work fine as described above. I would like to have the same behavior on the Linksys SPA8000. Is it possible?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I'm afraid you won't get an answer here.

The linksys voice system is virtually unknown to this forum community. I personally have setup one for a try once, but did not test much on it.

agreed, this is not a product that partners are keen on marketing

when I am trying to troubleshoot one of these SPA boxes I usually look to the voxilla.com forums, they have a linksys/sipura specific forum with lots of activity

hope this helps

Wow, I thought I was going to get "better support" out of Linksys/Cisco.

That's definitely a cold shower.

Thanks for suggesting voxilla. Will try over there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: