cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP firmware causes "Unprovisioned"

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to load SIP firmware on a 7960. I have changed the load in telephony-service, uploaded the firmware to the router and added some tftp-server alias statements. I watch tftp debug and the phone keeps looking for SIP<MACADDRESS>.cnf. I found SIPDefault.cnf in system:/cme/sipphone so I added an alias like

tftp-server system:/cme/sipphone/SIPDefault.cnf alias SIP<MACADDRESS>.cnf

but that doesn't do the trick because SIPDefault.cnf is blank.

I have searched around and can't find a good document explaining how to run SIP in a CME environment. Perhaps someone could point me to a good document. TIA.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do yourself a favor and only use SCCP with CME. With SIP, you will loose features but gain troubles and bugs.

You're going about it all wrong. telephony-service is a SCCP only service.

You will need to look towards the SIP CME configuration which is handled by the 'voice register' commands.

We have actually released a whole array of new SIP features in CME 7.1, so you should probably give 12.4(22)T a shot before trying SCCP. SIP is cool stuff.

-nick

Too bad I only have a 1760 to play with. Thanks for the information though. Correct me if I'm wrong... I'll need at least a 2801 in order to run 12.4(22)T, right?

Yes, the 1760 software support stops at 12.4(15)T. Even then - you probably need to boot off of TFTP or have a RAM upgrade to run that code.

You will have basic call capabilities, but nowhere near all of the overlay, pickup, conferencing, and intercom type features of SCCP CME.

-nick

Thanks. I'll have to get an 2801 eBay special it looks like.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: