cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SIP firmware causes "Unprovisioned"

snickered
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to load SIP firmware on a 7960. I have changed the load in telephony-service, uploaded the firmware to the router and added some tftp-server alias statements. I watch tftp debug and the phone keeps looking for SIP<MACADDRESS>.cnf. I found SIPDefault.cnf in system:/cme/sipphone so I added an alias like

tftp-server system:/cme/sipphone/SIPDefault.cnf alias SIP<MACADDRESS>.cnf

but that doesn't do the trick because SIPDefault.cnf is blank.

I have searched around and can't find a good document explaining how to run SIP in a CME environment. Perhaps someone could point me to a good document. TIA.

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

do yourself a favor and only use SCCP with CME. With SIP, you will loose features but gain troubles and bugs.

You're going about it all wrong. telephony-service is a SCCP only service.

You will need to look towards the SIP CME configuration which is handled by the 'voice register' commands.

We have actually released a whole array of new SIP features in CME 7.1, so you should probably give 12.4(22)T a shot before trying SCCP. SIP is cool stuff.

-nick

Too bad I only have a 1760 to play with. Thanks for the information though. Correct me if I'm wrong... I'll need at least a 2801 in order to run 12.4(22)T, right?

Yes, the 1760 software support stops at 12.4(15)T. Even then - you probably need to boot off of TFTP or have a RAM upgrade to run that code.

You will have basic call capabilities, but nowhere near all of the overlay, pickup, conferencing, and intercom type features of SCCP CME.

-nick

Thanks. I'll have to get an 2801 eBay special it looks like.