cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0(2) user import from Exchange 2003

kegodfrey
Level 1
Level 1

Hope someone can help with this one, or two problems.... I'm working on a new install of Unity 7.0(2) and integrating with Exchange 2003. The install appeared to go fine. I am having a couple of issues though. The first one appears to be related to licensing, even though the license is installed successfully and I can see the relevant details through License viewer. I see the error 'Can not import using this subsriber template, you have reached the license limit for features enabled by this templates Class of Service...' when I try to import users from the Global subscriber manager. I've created a new Class of service and made it a base voicemail only(no TTS etc), and I still get this error even though my license allows me 80 users for unified messaging or voice only.

Problem 2, may be related, I am trying to import users from Exchange into Unity via the administrator gui, I am getting an error 0x80070005, E_ACCESSDENIED.

I've ran permissions wizard, syscheck Directory access diagnostics and all are showing no errors.

I've found some application event log errors(CiscoUnity-Doh evt 32013, CiscoUnity_MALEx 30012 and 30003)these appear to relate a bug in Unity 5.0(1)(bug id CSCso10811), I'm not sure whether to follow this procedure as I'm on unity 7.0(2) and the bug itself appears related to users accessing the message store, I cannot seem to even import users. Is both the license and the application log errors connected?

Any help would be appreciated, as I am considering rebuilding the server.

2 Replies 2

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Would you mind posting the results of your license file, not the actual *.lic but what the Unity - Licensing console shows plus the features your template is setting up - you may inadvertently have selected Unity inbox, which is a separate licensed feature in Unity 4.2 and I believe is still so in the new versions. For the 0x80070005 error, this is a classic protection exception - you might check this user's security tab in ADUC (select Advanced features) to see if Inheritance is checked for the user. Also, the permissions wizard should be run at the base AD domain level and Exchange organizational level (Delegation wizard), if not you may have only selected an OU level and the user is in a different OU. I recommend running the permission wizard in Report mode to see what it tells you.

Sincerely.

Ginger

Thanks for getting back to me Ginger. I rebuilt the server with the same settings and license file and the issue disappeared. It is all working normally as expected.

Appreciate your feedback.