cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Content Engine compatability with Windows Media Player

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

I am currently running ACNS version 5.5 on our CE510 Content Engine. We want to set this box up to serve VOD requests from WMT. I think the clients on site are all using Windows Media Player version 10. Does this version of ACNS software work with Windows Media Player 10?

5 Replies 5

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it does. We use it internally with WMP 10 and 11 all the time.

Dan

Thanks for your response.

Did you guys have to license the Content Engine for WMS prior to being able to deliver the content?

Thaks dstolt

Yes, to stream WMS (either VOD or Live), you need to license the CE of you will only get HTTP downloads.

Dan

Dan

this brings up an interesting point. The content (which is canned Video on an Intranet Web site) is HTTP? I am wasting my time here by trying to use the Windows MP services?? Perhaps I already have what I need...

Your comments appreciated.

Kevin

To perform video streaming, either via HTTP, RTSP (or older MMS), you need a WMS license. HTTP download is possible, however you can't get streaming logs, video start/stop/rewind etc.

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: