Remote Call Center Agents

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to handle a call center where agents will be both in the office and remote.

They would like to use Agent Desktop, a hard phone in the office, and a seperate hard phone remote with ASA proxy. When using ASA proxy, the agent will have a VPN on a laptop to use Agent desktop.

The big problem is that we cannot use shared lines for agents, and they don't want seperate logins between office and remote.

Does anyone have experience with a similar scenario?

Thanks,

Jeff

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Chris Deren Tue, 02/17/2009 - 10:37

I suppose you are using IPCC Express not Enterprise. In Express hot desking is not natively supported so you need to use Extension Mobility. Basically your agents would have to login twice, first on the phone with EM profile that has ACD Line listed and then with CAD.

HTH,

Chris

Jonathan Schulenberg Tue, 02/17/2009 - 14:23

Not securely. Last time I looked, the phone services are not tunneled. You would need to expose the server directly to the outside world and specify a URL with an external IP address on the phone.

Chris Deren Tue, 02/17/2009 - 14:29

If you do that, then what's the point for Phone Proxy?

You never want to expose your CM on public internet!

I agree Phone Proxy has major caveats one of which as mentioned is lack of services, directory, etc, in my opinion it's not ready for prime time at this time.

Chris

021702bpbills Thu, 02/19/2009 - 15:10

We are working on this exact problem and have resolved most issues with an ASA5505. It uses a vpn tunnel directly to a company ASA.

Jonathan Schulenberg Fri, 02/20/2009 - 09:00

Right. That's not UC Proxy though. That is teleworker/virtual office. The 881 routers work well for this as well since they support DMVPN (the ASA only supports Easy VPN).

Actions

This Discussion