Helpful
Replies

LWAPP error and change status to Discovery

stanleyworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a LWAPP AP keep on up and down.

The following is error message I got from the log.

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Retransmission count for packet exceeded max(ECHO_REQUE

ST, 1)

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: GOING BACK TO DISCOVER MODE

%WIDS-6-DISABLED: IDS Signature is removed and disabled.

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DISCOVERY

COW1242-05#

16 Replies 16

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

The AP is not finding the controller. Try using option 43 or dns resolution for locating the LWAPP controller.

It does report back to the controller and allow user to connect. however, it stay for about 5 minutes and go back to discovery, and keep repeating...

Look at power and network connectivity issues. Also look to the length of the cable to the AP.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Weird. This is the 3rd case I've seen for this week alone. What's the firmware of your WLC, AP (include the RCV and the LWAPP image please)?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Stanley,

Is this problem still ongoing?

Hi I'm experiencing the same problem(same error spittig out) my firmware level is at 4.2.130

Anymore news on this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Tyrone

Hi Tyronne,

Has the AP ever discovered the WLC before or is this a new AP out from a box?

Yes the AP has registered once before but never again.

I also had an issue where the local support team plugged this AP in to a POE switch and plugged the power cord in aswell! But it doen't seem to be damaged physically.

Is the regulatory domain correct? Is the time and date correct on the controller? Was this AP converted or new (SSC or MIC)? These are some basic starting points.

The regulatory domain is correct the time and date is synced with NTP and is correct this is a new LAP.

These are the errors I'm getting

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to CFG

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Process Secure Msg: decrypting with CCM returned failure

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Config Command: error processing secure message

%LWAPP-5-CHANGED: LWAPP changed state to DOWN

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTEVENTLOG: AP has joined controller WiSM-D5-B

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: Retransmission count for packet exceeded max(ECHO_REQUEST

, 1)

%LWAPP-3-CLIENTERRORLOG: GOING BACK TO DISCOVER MODE

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to reset

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

%LINK-5-CHANGED: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to reset

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio1, changed state to up

%LINK-3-UPDOWN: Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

%LINEPROTO-5-UPDOWN: Line protocol on Interface Dot11Radio0, changed state to up

%CDP_PD-4-POWER_OK: Full power - NEGOTIATED inline power source

How many APs can the WLC WiSM-D5-B support and how many APs have joined?

What is the model of the AP?

What is the firmware of the WLC?

Have you tried converting it again from autonomous to LWAP?

I had a few APs that would reboot periodically. Since upgrading to code level 4.2.207 all the rebooting issues have gone away. In the resolved caveats section of the release notes it mentions that the watchdog timer timeout issue is resolved with version 4.2.207.

Interesting I might have to go back to the release notes for 4.2.130 and look out for the watch dog timer caveat!

strangely enough I have 50 AP's connected without any problem just have this problem with about 5 LAP.

It's WiSM WLC so I think 300 AP's are supported???

Model 1242

firmware 4.2.130

This AP has always been LWAP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: