Views
Helpful
Replies

Design Network config

vinoth.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have starting a new network setup for our site can any one suggest me how i can deploy the following points on my network

1. I am planning to deploy the STP between access and distribution

2. Running HSRP between two 6500 switch like for some VLAN Switch A will be the primary and other VLAN switch B will be primary

3. In the core connecting to our two site has the two redunant fibre

can any one help me in example config for the attached network diagram

4 Replies 4

vinoth.kumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have starting a new network setup for our site can any one suggest me how i can deploy the following points on my network

1. I am planning to deploy the STP between access and distribution

2. Running HSRP between two 6500 switch like for some VLAN Switch A will be the primary and other VLAN switch B will be primary

3. In the core connecting to our two site has the two redunant fibre

can any one help me in example config for the attached network diagram

I have setup many networks like this. Take a look at www.techsnips.com and see if you can get some ideas.

CCIE 26175
www.techsnips.com

Hi,

I would use L3 between the core switches and the WAN switches and use a routing protocol.

In regards to core to access-layer, i might do what is attached.

rgds,

Mohamed Sobair
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Cisco recommends a complete layer-3 Network design between CORE and Distribution including the access layer.

The Complete Layer-3 design has the benifit of the following:

1- Rapid link failure detection.

2- Rapid route Convergence.

You can even implement (BFD) Bidirectional forwarding detection with OSPF or EIGRP.

Pls have a look at the attached documents:

HTH

Mohamed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: