cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voice dalay on Inbound calls

cbriones1
Level 1
Level 1

I have some user's at a site that state they are experiencing delay on inbound calls. when they answer a call the person on the other end only hears the last words of there sentence and think it is voice mail and sometimes hang up. they also state that the person calling does not hear any rings before it is picked up. I have tried numerous times to duplicate the issue but no luck. I hear the Rings and when they Pick up i hear everything they say. (very frustrating) wh have a call manager 6.1 and 2851 12.4(9)T7

i believe the call flow:

PSTN-PRI-GW-CUCM-H.323-Fa0/0-2851-Fa0/1/0-7961

open to any ideas!

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Begin with "show controllers T1" on the GW please.

Not sure if its the same problem, but I have seen this. The resolution when I experienced this was to turn of VAD and enter the network clock select statement. As P.bevilacqua mentions, the show controller command will give an indication if timing is the issue.

If you're using H323 do these things (if even only for testing):

voice service voip

h323

call start fast (on by default - make sure you do not have call start slow here).

On CUCM:

-In the H323 gateway page - click 'enable fast start'.

-Uncheck 'wait for far-end h245 TCS'

-Check 'Enable outbound fast start'

-Check 'Enable inbound fast start'

There are a lot of voice delay issues with questionable latencies with H323 slow start.

-nick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: