cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder - Multiple Emergency Numbers

billkemmer
Level 1
Level 1

At one of my customers, I am implementing CER for emergency dialing (obviously). I have configured and tested 911 call routing. All call routing for emergency services stays on sight (calls go to the on site security desk) and right now 911 is the number dialed in an emergency. The issue is that there is a legacy function where users could also dial 2525 for emergency calls. How do I add 2525 as a number that can be called and go through CER?

I have tried adding another CTI route point for 2525, but it will not register (even when associated with the ceruser).

It seems that if I go into the CER telephony properties, whichever number I put in for primary emergency number (911 vs. 2525)--that route point will register.

My only other thought is that, for other numbers, I would do a translation pattern in CCM and translate to 911--thus sending it into CER.

Am I on the right path here or way off?

1 Reply 1

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can only have one number with CER as that is the number you specify during installation.

You can sure translations, but that's no different from dialing 911 for that user.

I've seen customers implement 2 CER environments for this reason (universities, hospitals), it works but it is not supported to have multiple CER clusters connected to the same CM cluster.

Chris