cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

blast groups

stephen
Level 1
Level 1

i have setup 2 hunt groups on my uc520 so that when an incoming call comes in, it rings on huntgroup 1 for 8 seconds, then rings huntgroup 2 for 13 seconds, then goes to voicemail. this is the code:

!

voice hunt-group 1 parallel
final 502
list 201,202
timeout 8
pilot 501
!
!
voice hunt-group 2 parallel
final 802
list 203,204
timeout 13
pilot 502
!

This worked well, however recently I had to upgrade IOS to 12.4.(20)T2 to fix a serious bug. Since upgrading, the phones in huntgroup 2 display 'for 502, by 501' when nobody on huntgroup 2 answers the call. Is there a way to switch off this feature so that it appears on a huntgroup 2 handset that the call is coming from the original number and not 501.

Cheers, Stephen

6 Replies 6

I recreated this and saw exactly what you mean. Give me some time to research what changed and how to revert to the previous operation mode.

I will get back to you ASAP.

Marcos Hernandez
Technical Marketing Engineer
Cisco Systems, Inc.

This is what I am seeing:

Forward "originator" (XXX)

For 501

By 501

So the original calling number and calling name are there. This is normal behavior. Can you try again?

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Cisco Systems, Inc.

By the way, this is the reason why you now see a change in the behavior:

This is needed for CUE when a call to hunt group  is forwarded to CUE voice mail as a final number.

Since CUE and SIP phones are both handled in same ways as a SIP endpoint by the application on CME,  the changes made for diversion header apply to both CUE and SIP phones. Currently there is no CLI to control the behavior.

Thanks,

Marcos Hernandez
Cisco Systems, Inc.

JOHN NIKOLATOS
Level 3
Level 3

Stephen - maybe there is a way to rethink your blast groups....  I have used a configuration that accomplishes the same thing from the little I understand about your issue.

Create an individual DN for each user in the first blast group like you normally would...  but then create a shared DN for each user in the group as well... like the following.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ephone-dn  42  dual-line
number 233 no-reg primary
label 233
description phone user #1
name 233
!
!
ephone-dn  43  dual-line
number 234 no-reg primary
label 234
description phone user #2
name 234
!

ephone-dn  51  dual-line
number 2034445555
pickup-group 755
name Sales Blast Group

preference 0
call-forward noan 198 timeout 20
huntstop channel
no huntstop
!
!
ephone-dn  52  dual-line
number 2034445555
pickup-group 755
name Sales Blast Group
preference 1
call-forward busy 198
call-forward noan 198 timeout 20
huntstop channel
!

CREATE TWO MORE EPHONE-DN's FOR THE 2nd BLAST GROUP WITH THE SAME # as in 51 and 52.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then apply the individual Dn's and overlay the other DN's on the ephones.

ephone  6
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 001E.136C.943F
ephone-template 1
username "justinr" password 4321
paging-dn 1
type 7961
button  1o42,51,52
!
!
!
ephone  7
device-security-mode none
video
mac-address 001E.4AF1.E421
ephone-template 1
username "willm" password 4321
paging-dn 1
type 7941
button   1o43,51,52

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In this scenario the main number dialed by the OUTSIDE party is 2034445555 and both phones in BLAST 1 ring.  Then you could use CALL FORWARD NOAN on the ephone-dn to ring the 2nd BLAST group that you create.

Think that will work for you?  The configuration is not complete here but I dont want to type all that... if you need post back and I can try to answer.

stephen
Level 1
Level 1

In the past I used overlays in our config but I figured now that blast groups are supported in the IOS it would be preferrable to setup this way.

I just found it unusual to see the By and For on the handsets. I guess this is just normal behaviour.

Instead of using overlays, you could use the same idea with octolines.  Using octolines, everyone will be able to see the calls, calls on hold, etc.

Thanks

Steven

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: