Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst 2950 C24 sopped at switch: pls help ........Urgently

Dipesh Patel
Level 2
Level 2

Dear All,

I have cisco 2950 C24 Switch which has some problem and and stopped at switch:

i had tried after rebooing but the same problem is there.

I have attached the capture fle for your refferencce .......

Pls help me to resolve it .....

Dipesh P

9 Replies 9

ccannon88567
Level 1
Level 1

Look's like your IOS has corrupted. I'm not sure if you can reseat the flash within the unit? If you can, that's worth a try - if not try loading a new one through xmodem.

Dear ccannon88567,

Thanks for Replying.

I habve already checked after formatting IOS and Loaded lattest IOS using Xmodem Method..

After Loading new IOS it works for half hour and again the same proble occured.....

Dipesh P

Dipesh,

That's normally a bad sign. I would say that the switch is coming to the end of it's life due a hardware problem in that case.

As it's a 2950 I would recommend a new replacement rather than risk further downtime.

If you wanted to diagnose further then contact the Cisco TAC Centre and give them a copy of the sh tech command.

Maybe check with your supplier to see if they can replace through one of their policies also.

Carlton

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It doesn't look like there is any IOS in flash by your "dir flash" so it can't load it . You need to get a valid IOS in flash before it will boot.

Hi Glen,

It's there.

4 -rwx 3722112 c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can you please try "boot flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin"?

From your switch error.txt, the filename is there but I have no idea why the switch is refusing to read it. It keeps on trying to find/read c2950-i6q4l2-mz.121-22.EA4.bin.

Dear all,

Thanks for reply.

I have checked after reloading new valid IOS which is working in another same model switch.

I have also used boot flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin.

Its worked 1st time and after half hour again stopped at switch: prompt......

Dipesh P.

Did the "boot flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin" work?

What do you mean "worked 1st time and after half hour again stopped at switch:"???

If it worked the first time, go to Global configuration mode and enter the following commands:

no boot system

boot system flash:c2950-i6k2l2q4-mz.121-22.EA12.bin

exit and save the config and try again.

Sorry for late reply ...

I had tried it also but not solved finally I have raised the RMA.

Thank you all for reply....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: