cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSA 6.0 (v6.0.0.220) & Citrix Secure Access Client (4.5.2)

alken-maes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we want to start using CSA in our company and we're now in testing phase.

Everything works fine in our test environment, except when using a SSL VPN connection using the Citrix Secure Access client

As soon as the connection is made (net6vpn.exe in running processes), and you want to open an application from the start menu, or the desktop, explorer.exe crashes and the application does not start

Opening applications from commandline works fine, or from the Citrix Access Gateway interface (published apps, url's, ...) is not an issue either, but local apps fail to start

I already checked every possible rule that might be causing this (exceptions made etc).

I ran into a similar problem when googling saying McAfee HIPS has the same symptoms, but this has been solved in 4.5.2 (our current version)

Is there anybody who has experienced this same issue, apparantly there seems to be something handling the same entries which makes explorer.exe crash, when CSA is uninstalled, everything works fine

3 Replies 3

alken-maes
Level 1
Level 1

is there anybody who can help??

You may need to have Citrix look in to this since they were able to fix it for McAfee HIPS.

It may be as simple as excluding net6vpn.exe from a System API rule.

This is a good place to start (and might be more than is needed). Create an application class for net6vpn.exe called "Citrix Secure Access Client"

Create a DAC control rule that triggers whenever "any application" tries to run "Citrix Secure Access Client"

Set it to take the action "add current process to application class" and add it to the dynamic application class "processes requiring kernel only protection".

Post back with results.

Tom

Thanks for your reply Tom, I will test these things out and let you know the results

Kind regards

Christophe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card