RME Software Repository Issue --- Image Failed

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2009

Hi Experts,

I am using a LMS v 3.0. I want to Upload & Download the Software Images through RME Server which i couldn't succeed. While downloading the image from a device. I am getting this error

Error Message:

SWIM1124: Failed to copy the image from Flash due to the reason - copyInvalidServerAddress :invalid server address specified.

Retry the operation. If the problem persists, check the Bug Toolkit application for any known issues on the running image version.

I am attaching the Output files as well.

One more thing which i want to mention here, we are running a MPLS cloud. The LMS & Device Mgmt Interface (Lo 50) are on same VRF. i can ping the device from LMS but i need to give "ping vrf ABC ip source lo 50" on the device to ping LMS server. Do i need to give VRF Aware commands to get it done? Because my AAA/Logging/SNMP based commands are vrf aware.

Lookign for a response.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Joe Clarke Sun, 02/22/2009 - 15:12

The way RME does the image transfer is to set some objects in the CISCO-FLASH-MIB which tells to device to, for example, TFTP the image from the RME server. Therefore, the device must be able to initiate a TFTP transfer from the RME server's IP address. However, the CISCO-FLASH-MIB is not VRF-aware. If the device cannot reach the RME server's IP address, then this will not work. This sounds like the case.

This Discussion