Outbound transfer to IVR not initiating dialing

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2009

I have an application that uses the outbound option in IPCC 6.0 that dials a comma delimited list members to remind the members of their appointment. The problem is that the dialer is not called. The application resides on the ip-ivr and there are cti route points in the call manager. there are two icm scripts, routing and admin that control the application.

Has anyone experienced this kind of scenario. I have all the components configured but cannot figure out why the dialer is not called upon.

Regards

Prashant

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
geoff@hp.com Wed, 02/18/2009 - 06:41

You don't mention the translation route to IVR that is needed. Have you set that up?

In the SG selection tab you select the Skill Group, nominate the number of IVR ports and supply the route point. The route point runs a script that does a trans route and runs a Queue to SG node.

See page 3-35 of the 6.0 Outbound User Guide.

Regards,

Geoff

ppattni_tx Wed, 02/18/2009 - 07:39

Geoff,

Thank you. The translational routes have been set up to the IVR. In the skill group selection, I have selected the the IVR ports. I have reset the route point but still the dialing is not initiated.

What else should I check?

Regards,

Prashant

shayonasul Wed, 02/18/2009 - 11:26

Have you checked the CSS for ivr ports & cti route points? That might be the issue.

HTH,

Patel

ppattni_tx Wed, 02/18/2009 - 11:59

CTI route points and the IVR ports are registered to the CCM subscriber. As far as the dialer, I have on dialer that is using 20 ports. I was wondering if creating a second dialer for this campaign would be the answer?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Prashant

geoff@hp.com Wed, 02/18/2009 - 14:39

Any problems with the times - current time, time allowed to call, timezone off set due to area code? These all play.

If you make a parallel agent campaign with the same import and query rules, does it dial with an available agent?

Regards,

Geoff

ppattni_tx Wed, 02/18/2009 - 15:13

I checked the times and verified the campaign times. They all check out correctly. For me to make a parallel agent campaign, I would need to put the list in a database. I am trying to set up a campaign that would import the names from a comma delimited text file on a server in the domain. The original campaign that is running is importing from a database and dialing correctly. I am trying to show that I can import from a flat file and un a parallel campaign. I hope that makes sense. The parallel campaign importing from a flat file is not dialing. Logically, it is supposed to dial.

ppattni_tx Fri, 02/20/2009 - 10:24

I am wondering if the database entries have any bearing to the dailer? The database table seems to be created on the Logger database when the campaign is run. If I populate the table manually for the campaign, will this initiate the dailer?

Thanks

Prashant

Edward Umansky Fri, 02/20/2009 - 12:04

Manually manipulating or inserting into the Outbound Dialing List tables is not supported. All dialing lists must come in the form of text files imported by the import process. I recommend you review the Outbound user guides and gain a strong understanding of the outbound process flow. There is a long chain of components that must be configured correctly for the dialer to work properly and your issues could be anywhere in that chain.

Actions

This Discussion