Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC enterprise 7.5.1 minimum hardware requirement

goranpilat
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I am planning to do my first IPCC enterprise (7.5.1) installation. I have experience with IPCC express. Now I am going through the tons of documentation and find it little bit confusing since there are bunch of now components which I don't know yet what they do. If somebody has some experience with what is the minimum configuration for the IPCC enterprise. Basicly I want to try out the integration with Siebel CAD but keep the installation as small and simple as possible.I see it is also possible to virtualize the servers, but from 7.5.3. Am I right? Any advice is welcomed.

best regards,

Goran Pilat

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The only components you can virtualize are the PGs and AW, however the vmware ESX has to run on the approved cisco servers (MCS grade).

If you are going to have this in production you need the following at minimum:

2 Proggers (router, logger, and PG coexisting on one server)

AW/HDS for administrative work and historical data

You also need your IVR engines, such as IP-IVR or CVP

The reason you redundant servers is because UCCE can not be deployed in simplex in production, it is unsupported, you dont need 2 AW/HDS, but you also need 2 IVRs.

HTH,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the great info. I don't need it in production, just in a Lab, so is it enough to do it with one progger?

I have one HP DL320g5 which can have IP-IVR installed. What do I need for progger(s) and AW/HDS?

best regards,

Goran Pilat

This should help

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/icm_enterprise/icm_enterprise_7_5/user/guide/icm75bom.pdf

also, if you are running it only in lab you can install AW/Webview/HDS on the same server, the name of the server becomes Sprawler and you can run it in simplex mode.

HTH, please rate all helpful posts!

Chris

Hi,

I found also this useful (Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise (UCCE) Sizing Tool):

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/sell/technology/ipc/integrated-solutions/customer_contact_center.html

So just to sum it up, again I am looking forward for smallest possible lab-purpose configuration:

-1x MCS-40-005-Class server (7845-H2-CCE1) for CallRouter, Logger, PG, CTIOS,CAD

-1x MCS-30-004-Class (7835-H2-CCE1) for Admin Workstation, HDS Database, WebView

-1x MCS-30-004-Class (7835-H2-CCE1) for IP IVR (not really sure why I need 7835 since IP IVR can run on e.g. 7816)

-1x MCS-40-005-Class (MCS-7845-H1-CC1) for Siebel Communication Manager Server, since the point of everything is to try the integration with Siebel

-Communication Manager, of course.

Is this enough? Or is redundancy mandatory for the lab purpose as well?

Anyway thanks again

Goran Pilat

If this is for lab only and never will be in production you do not require redundant servers.

Also, as I said earlier you can combine the first 2 onto a single server.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: