cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows password problem with CiscoSecure ACS Release 3.3(2) Build 2

sightlay8
Level 1
Level 1

Windows password problem with ACS 3.3(2). Yesterday afternoon at my office, when I login to Winodws 2003 network, it told me my password will expire in 10 days, and asked me if I want to change it. I just clicked the cancel button. Then when I went home and try to login with VPN, I could not login in, and the error message is something due to incorrect password. I tried to login few times, and my Windows acccount finally got lock out. I think when I login through VPN, Windows network asked me to want change the password; however, Cisco ACS 3.3(2) build 2 does not how to handle that. Is this a known issue in ACS of this version, or there is something I can do to fix this problem.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Jagdeep Gambhir
Level 10
Level 10

I would like to inform you that RADIUS Password Expiry is supported with External

windows database using MS-CHAPv2. We cannot use RADIUS Password Expiry with local ACS

database. I've attached a link for your reference.

Link for Configuring the Cisco VPN 3000 Series Concentrators to Support the NT Password

Expiration Feature Using the RADIUS Server:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/vpndevc/ps2284/products_configuration_example09186a

00800946b9.shtml

Please provide more information about your network, like which db, NAS, authentication you are using,

Regards,

~JG

Do rate helpful posts