cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't session into FWSM

nguyenvinht
Level 1
Level 1

I got this message when trying to session in the fwsm. Any ideas?

Router#session slot 4 processor 1

The default escape character is Ctrl-^, then x.

You can also type 'exit' at the remote prompt to end the session

Trying 127.0.0.41 ...

% Destination unreachable; gateway or host down

Router#ping 127.0.0.41

% Unrecognized host or address, or protocol not running.

Router#

vnt

4 Replies 4

Hi Vinh,

I would start by checking the output of 'show module' on the supervisor. Check to make sure the module module is up and recognized and it has a status of OK.

Also, do you allow SSH connections to your FWSM? If so, do these connections fail as well? Or is it only a session from the supervisor that is failing?

-Mike

Mike,

The status of show mod is OK.

This fwsm is brand new. I can't session in so I can't configure anything yet.

Regards,

vnt

Hi Vinh,

In that case, have you tried resetting the blade with the 'hw-module module reset' command?

If the blade comes backs up and you still cannot session to it, I would suggest connecting a laptop to the FWSM via a flat console cable (the console port is on the main board of the blade). This way you can see any error messages that might be generated while the FWSM is loading.

Hope that helps.

-Mike

Bela Mareczky
Level 1
Level 1

Dear nguyenvinht!

Do You have any physical or logical interfaces in "UP-UP" state in the host chassis? I think, the telnet session to FWSM should use an IP address as a source ("protocol not running").

Hope this help!

BR

Belabacsi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card