Requirement to use AAR

Answered Question

Hi,

If I configured AAR with my extensions, But for any reason (WAN failure for example), the phone didn't registred. But actually, it is reachable via the AAR (external) number. Will the CCM 6.X route the call to the AAR number or no?

If no , is there any way to have the call routed to the destination using the PSTN instead of going through the WAN (that is down anyway), other that using "forward unregistred internal/external" ?

thanks.

Correct Answer by Chris Deren about 8 years 5 months ago

Agreed here, since you are running CM 6.1 Call Forward On Unregistered is exactly what you should be using.

HTH,

Chris

Overall Rating: 0 (4 ratings)
Jaime Valencia Wed, 02/18/2009 - 11:48
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

i don't believe you understand what AAR is, AAR is not for WAN down situations. AAR is to be used when a link is out of BW to reroute calls thru the PSTN.

this using the location config on CUCM which defines the allocated BW and combined with the codec being used.

if a phone is down then you may use SRST, but on CUCM the only option is either CFA or CFUR if available on your version

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Correct Answer
Chris Deren Wed, 02/18/2009 - 18:02
User Badges:
  • Super Silver, 17500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,
  • Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 IP Telephony, Contact Center, Unified Communications

Agreed here, since you are running CM 6.1 Call Forward On Unregistered is exactly what you should be using.

HTH,

Chris

iptuser55 Thu, 02/19/2009 - 08:15
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

The use of AAR is for busy not WAN failure as above, to overflow on failure to Telco you could set a translation to route to the full DDI of the handset in the remote set and manaully change it or change the location to 1k to force AAR to be invoked?

Jaime Valencia Thu, 02/19/2009 - 09:52
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

READ CAREFULLY

The use of AAR IS for --->>>>>busy<<<<<----- *****NOT WAN failure********

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Actions

This Discussion