Views
Helpful
Replies

Requirement to use AAR

tka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

If I configured AAR with my extensions, But for any reason (WAN failure for example), the phone didn't registred. But actually, it is reachable via the AAR (external) number. Will the CCM 6.X route the call to the AAR number or no?

If no , is there any way to have the call routed to the destination using the PSTN instead of going through the WAN (that is down anyway), other that using "forward unregistred internal/external" ?

thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Agreed here, since you are running CM 6.1 Call Forward On Unregistered is exactly what you should be using.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

i don't believe you understand what AAR is, AAR is not for WAN down situations. AAR is to be used when a link is out of BW to reroute calls thru the PSTN.

this using the location config on CUCM which defines the allocated BW and combined with the codec being used.

if a phone is down then you may use SRST, but on CUCM the only option is either CFA or CFUR if available on your version

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

Agreed here, since you are running CM 6.1 Call Forward On Unregistered is exactly what you should be using.

HTH,

Chris

The use of AAR is for busy not WAN failure as above, to overflow on failure to Telco you could set a translation to route to the full DDI of the handset in the remote set and manaully change it or change the location to 1k to force AAR to be invoked?

You confirm that even if the WAN is down AAR could be used ?

READ CAREFULLY

The use of AAR IS for --->>>>>busy<<<<<----- *****NOT WAN failure********

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: