cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving CallManager Subscriber to another site

rafael.cortes_2
Level 1
Level 1

We are running Callmanager version 4.2.3sr1. We have 1 Publisher and 1 subscriber at 1 physical location with about 200 phones. We are adding a second location with about 120 phones. I wanted to add a second subscriber and place it at the new location. Unfortunately Cisco does not sell CCM 4.2.3 anymore. We do not want to interrupt the environment of location 1, so upgrading to 5.x, 6.x is not an option. I want to move the subscriber from location 1 to location 2. Currently they are in the same CallManager Group. If I want the phones at location 1 to register with the local Publisher CCM first, and the Subscriber CCM for failover, and at location 2 I want the phones to register with the local CCM (Subscriber) then failover to remote CCM (Publisher). Is this doable? The 2 locations are connected via MPLS WAN.

2 Replies 2

pemelend
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

It is possible, with device pool and callmanager group configuration, the most important thing you need to consider is the WAN requirements for clustering over the WAN. You can find the info on this link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/4x/42models_ps556_TSD_Products_Implementation_Design_Guide_Chapter.html#wp1045846

Txs

Pedro

Hi,

You will need to implement centralized call processing for multiple sites

creat a group for each site, having the server site as the first ccm in the goup.

then be cauted for the no. of calls that will be permitted over the wan by configuring CAC in order to preserve your calls QOS.

wish this be helpful

Best Regards