Views
Helpful
Replies

TACACS and enable password

subharojdahal
Level 1
Level 1

hi folks.

I am able to login to my router VIA TACACS+ server. My username and password doesnot work with enable mode. When I do enable after login to user prompt; it just throws me "Authentication failed" message.

AAA commands used

aaa new-model

aaa authentication login default group tacacs+ local

aaa authentication enable default group tacacs+ enable

I set up TACACS+ server and key as it has been working with login.

I really appreciate if any one can help in this issue.

rgrds

subharose

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I don't have ACS server in hand right now. But I believe that you need turn on something on ACS server so that you can have TACACS+ to authenticate on enable password. Just enable all TACACS+ feature under "Interface" then go throught each feature you have under user configuration to see which one might be related to it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Yudong Wu
Level 7
Level 7

I don't have ACS server in hand right now. But I believe that you need turn on something on ACS server so that you can have TACACS+ to authenticate on enable password. Just enable all TACACS+ feature under "Interface" then go throught each feature you have under user configuration to see which one might be related to it.

thanks

I will try it now.

thanks buddy

thumb's up for you.

Thanks, You are so quick. :)

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You have it set up to use the enable secret or enable password for enable mode so you will have to use that otherwise change the second line so that the end also reads local instead of enable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card