Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuration of VPN in WRVS4400N?

OilersAdmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm quite new to this remote access and VPN overall, so please give me easy enough instructions...;^)

I'm just bought the Cisco (Linksys) WRVS4400N Wireless-N Gigabit Security Router - VPN v2.0.

I'm trying to configure it to provide a remote access using VPN to a PC within LAN.

WRVS4400N is attached to a ADSL modem.

First I registered it to dyndns.org to get a "fixed" IP with success. Then I created a VPN user, again with success.

Finally I tried to create a IPSec VPN Tunnel between a laptop running Linksys (Cisco) QuickVPN client and the WRVS4400N but no success so far...;^(

Tha laptop is connected to Internet via 3G modem and doesn't have fixed IP.

I haven't figured what I should fill in the Remote Group Setup. On the Local Group Setup I filled Local Security Gateway type as "IP only + FQDN", Domain name the registered DynDNS name and got the WAN IP address, Local Security Group Type "IP Addr." and to IP Address I gave a IP address which in free within LAN.

Now I don't know what I should fill in the fields of Remote Group Setup???

Thanks!!!

3 Replies 3

This link is of no use -- it talks about using a defined tunnel name and to setup a tunnel you need to define the Local and Remote configurations....fpr which there is no explanation or logic outlined anywhere....Any other pointers?

readconsult
Level 1
Level 1

What OS is your client machine running?

Also, as far as I have been able to figure out.. QuickVPN will not work with a dynamic DNS service.. it has to use the WAN IP address of the router.. makes you wonder why there is a DynDns.org option even in the router's firmware, eh?

I am very disappointed with this router and am in the process of switching to a ASUS RT-15N instead.. it will be running DD-WRT and all of my problems will be solved.