cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDM fails to launch Home Page

Patrick.Beaven
Level 1
Level 1

I just installed SDM on router and setup the basic services etc to run SDM. After I login twice then I just get the page stating that the SDM FOR X.X.X.X will open in another window which never happens. I remember seeing the fix for it here but don't remember what it was.

Anyone care to remind me?

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What browser and version are you using? Do you have pop-up blockers enabled?

Thanks for the reply. I found the issue.

It was the Java version! I downgraded and its working great now!

BeenyBoyz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ,

I have the Cisco 871w ISR and am having same problem?? I do not know how to set up in CLI mode , and changed original default factory settings before I could get router connected! You didn't mention which router , switch etc are you using? I need answers too , so if you could reply when you find out- and I will too. Just started this forum , don't know what I'll find but I need to get this fixed. It is 500$ sitting here for nothing. Thanks ,Beenyboyz ( Doug)

Don't worry Doug. Everyone can learn from everyone's mistake (I know I do).

I presume you want to roll back the configuration to factory default. If you do, please go through this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/800/850/software/configuration/guide/trouble.html#wp1038210

The next document will show you how to setup your new router with SDM.

Cisco Router and Security Device Manager Quick Start Guide

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/cisco_router_and_security_device_manager/software/quick/guide/SDMq7.html

Be sure to check the system requirements of your computer before using SDM as it's very pedantic about Java and IE versions.

Hope this helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card