Recently Added Device not visible in DCR but visible in RME

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2009

Hello,

I added a 3560G-48TS Switch to the DCR with the following:

- Device Type: Unkown Device Type

- Device Name

- Host Name

- IP Address

- User Name / PW

- SNMPv1 Community String

Unfortunately the Device isn't visible in DCR, but is in RME where a configuration was already collected.

After I try to readd this Device with the correct Device Type i get a message that this Device is already present.

Some Informations:

- Recently upgraded from LMS 2.6 to 3.1

- Previous added Device is displayed in a correct manner

- No im NOT using ACS-Mode

I'd be gladful for any help you can provide.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Loading.
Joe Clarke Thu, 02/19/2009 - 14:30

How does the device show up in RME? Is it appearing in the device selector?

schlingloff Thu, 02/19/2009 - 22:54

Ok i hope i interpreted "Device Selector" in the correct way as shown in the screenshot.

As shown there i've added 2 Devices.

The "...TestSwitch"-Device is visible in DCR and RME, but the new Device ist only visible in RME.

The Test-Device was added before the Upgrade to 3.1. and is still fully operational inside the whole LMS.

Attachment: 
Joe Clarke Thu, 02/19/2009 - 23:16

This is certainly strange. This perhaps points to missing data in the DCR tables in the cmf database. Are you able to see the device in dcrcli:

dcrcli -u admin

dcrcli> lsids all

schlingloff Thu, 02/19/2009 - 23:37

Indeed.

I issiued the commands in cmd.

All the Defices where listed.

dcrcli> lsids all

Total number of devices in DCR:2

List of devices:....

ID = 1 (...TestSwitch)

ID = 2 (BER-BE-SWT03)

(Remark: The dots where added manually by myself, since that Information may be used to identify a customer)

I've also issued the "detail" command.

dcrcli> detail id=2

Display Name = BER-BE-SWT03, Device ID = 2

This is a Standard device.

MDF Type : Cisco Catalyst 3560G-48TS Switch

Sys Object ID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.617

IP Address: 10.3.32.30

Host name: BER-BE-SWT03

Primary Username:

Primary Password:

Primary Enable Password:

SNMP V2 RO Community String:

If i'm connecting manually to the Device with Telnet i'm not forced to provide a enable-pw. I've added the same password for standard login in the enable-field.

Still RME was able to receive the config.

schlingloff Fri, 02/20/2009 - 05:39

Ok NOW i'm really confused!!

After 1 1/2 day's of headache i did a second restart.

Well, i dont know how to describe my astonishment as i actually saw the Device in DCR...

Like i said, i'm pretty confused right now. I just don't understand it. Maybe someone can give me a hint what was the cause.

Joe Clarke Fri, 02/20/2009 - 08:25

I can't answer that. As I said, not seeing a device in DCR when the you do in other applications is strange, and not something I typically see when the server is not integrated with ACS. I suppose if it's showing up now, it is possible there was a problem with CMFOGSServer previously. It must have bee running or RME would not have shown the devices. However, it may have been in a bad state.

Actions

This Discussion