cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't do "cms register" after "restore factory-default" on WAE

sheidelbach
Level 1
Level 1

I have a lab/test network setup all on WAAS 4.1.1c and needed to do a "restore factory" on a WAE. Now, the Central Manager sees the WAE as unavailable and I can't do a "cms enable" on the WAE to the Central Manager.

I receive a "Registration record for this device already exists or other nodes share the fol

register: Registration failed(512).

cms: unable to register node" when I do the "cms enable" on the WAE. But can't find a way to remove the node from the Central Manager DB, or other way that would let me re-register the node to the Central Manager. Been looking on CCO for over an hour now and no luck.

Anybody have any thoughts on what the fix might be?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you deleted the WAE from the CM gui (use the trash can icon).

Then you should be able to re-register the box. It already has the device in the CMS database and it won't allow until that is cleaned up. The device is using new registration keys that don't match the older ones.

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dstolt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you deleted the WAE from the CM gui (use the trash can icon).

Then you should be able to re-register the box. It already has the device in the CMS database and it won't allow until that is cleaned up. The device is using new registration keys that don't match the older ones.

Dan

andrew.andy316
Level 1
Level 1

Hi you can use the command "cms deregister force" (enable mode) on the WAE device that was restored.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: