UCCX 7.x - has anyone routed voicemail messages to a queue

Answered Question
Feb 19th, 2009

My customer was given a demo by Cisco the other day where the shown him that messages can be routed to a csq. Of course, I can not find such a feature available in Cisco documentation. Is this in Unity? If so, how? If this the case wouldn't this option be available in the previous UCCX versions?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by Jonathan Schulenberg about 5 years 2 months ago

It is not an inherent feature but is possible with a fair amount of scripting. Attendees of the UCCXA class are given an example script that does this; however, you should be well versed in UCCX before attempting this particular trick in production. The example code included in the UCCXA class (and unfortunately used by some Cisco partners) is not overly robust or resilient. It is somewhat easy (IMHO) for messages to be lost using that code.

At a high level what happens is the CCX server records a message, hangs up with the original caller, and then calls itself to sit in queue waiting for an agent. When the agent answers it plays the message back to them and may also automatically call the customer back. This consumes system resources, IVR ports, and affects reporting statistics. It can go badly if you don't do it correctly.

The UCCX 5.0 "script repository" might include an example of this: http://tools.cisco.com/search/display?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2Fen%2FUS%2Fdocs%2Fvoice_ip_comm%2Fcust_contact%2Fcontact_center%2Fcrs%2Fexpress_5_0%2Fdesign%2Fguide%2Fscript_repository.zip&pos=1&strqueryid=1&websessionid=oF4lJjsd9A648MkSsJKC2Ue

Average Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
Jonathan Schulenberg Thu, 02/19/2009 - 08:53

It is not an inherent feature but is possible with a fair amount of scripting. Attendees of the UCCXA class are given an example script that does this; however, you should be well versed in UCCX before attempting this particular trick in production. The example code included in the UCCXA class (and unfortunately used by some Cisco partners) is not overly robust or resilient. It is somewhat easy (IMHO) for messages to be lost using that code.

At a high level what happens is the CCX server records a message, hangs up with the original caller, and then calls itself to sit in queue waiting for an agent. When the agent answers it plays the message back to them and may also automatically call the customer back. This consumes system resources, IVR ports, and affects reporting statistics. It can go badly if you don't do it correctly.

The UCCX 5.0 "script repository" might include an example of this: http://tools.cisco.com/search/display?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cisco.com%2Fen%2FUS%2Fdocs%2Fvoice_ip_comm%2Fcust_contact%2Fcontact_center%2Fcrs%2Fexpress_5_0%2Fdesign%2Fguide%2Fscript_repository.zip&pos=1&strqueryid=1&websessionid=oF4lJjsd9A648MkSsJKC2Ue

jawilson_1 Thu, 02/19/2009 - 09:23

Thanks for the clarification. I'm proposed by options to my customer. Unity and the vm queuing. We may do a phased approach. Thanks for the link for the script. Most I do have already but didn't have any of the voicemail scripts.

michaelzhq Thu, 05/12/2011 - 10:20

My understanding is that the vociemail will be stored in UCCX server. So how can a agent manage the VM, for example, how can a VM in UCCX be deleted? or replayed?

Would it be better to use Unity message notification to call UCCX?

Thank you for any helps.

Michael

michaelzhq Fri, 02/03/2012 - 11:12

Hi Jonathan,

You are absolutaly right. I am having issue when using the voicemail queue script in UCCX 5.0 "script repository". It is not robust, most of time it works fine, but sometimes it loses voicemail or stops calling agent to play the voicemail. I have debugged and reviewed the script again and again but no clue for the issue.

Can you please direct me what the better way is to implement this feature? What else I can do to make this script working properly?

Thanks very much in advance.

Michael

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 19, 2009 at 7:17 AM
Stats:
Replies:4 Avg. Rating:5
Views:959 Votes:0
Shares:0
Tags: No tags.

Discussions Leaderboard